Are you a Texas Dentist accepting MCNA coverage? Did you recently receive a check in the mail from MCNA and unsure whether this was some sort of scam? Guess what…it's LEGIT – and you can CASH THE CHECK!
Believe it or not, you are being REWARDED for providing "Stellar Treatment" under their STARR (Stellar Treatment And Recognition Reward) Program. As the first-of-its-kind initiative in the nation among managed Dental health organizations (DMOs), the idea rewards providers for excellence in the area of preventive care to Texas Medicaid and CHIP plan members.
Designed to encourage greater participation from Main Dental Home Providers in providing five select preventive services with diligence and excellence. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) guidelines formed the basis of selecting these specific baseline services, which include:
- Prophylaxis Treatments – The professional removal of microbial plaque is necessary to the long-term inhibition of the development of tooth decay and gingival disease.
- Fluoride Application – Fluoride applied to teeth fights dental decay by strengthening enamel, the outer hard covering of teeth. It is a safe and highly effective measure to reduce the risk of decay.
- Sealant Application – Sealants are plastic coatings applied to molars, preventing bacteria from settling into the deep grooves on the teeth. They physically protect teeth from risk of decay.
- Recall Visits – Regular professional dental care every six months for children through adolescence and beyond is necessary to the maintenance of good oral health.
- First Dental Home Visit – Texas recognizes the establishment of the First Dental Home as the basis for the important ongoing relationship between the dentist and patient.
According to MCNA Vice President of Operations, "MCNA recognizes the importance of our network providers and the role they play in our focus on increasing the utilization of preventive care services. The STARR Program rewards the efforts of those Dentists who place a priority on prevention of Dental disease in the children we serve."
So, it looks like you can finally reap the rewards for what you do every day provide outstanding care and encourage oral wellness within your community! Congratulations and use your well-deserved bonus to feather your nest egg, compliments of the MCNA "golden goose." For more information, check out the full story.